1.04.2016

New Year... Time to Learn a New Skill?

Welcome to 2016 Everyone!

I can't believe we zoomed through the holidays and now are in the new year!  WOW.

Every New Year makes me a bit retrospective, and even though I don't go crazy for resolutions I do like to try and focus on one new thing I can do in the Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.  I tend to have a million ideas, but if I try them all at once I usually fail pretty spectacularly.

This year I am picking one new thing to try each season.  Nothing crazy just one thing I can do for 3 months, and if it works I keep going, if not no big hardship.

Winter this year is going to be learning new crochet skills.  No expert knows everything, I certainly do not, but I LOVE learning.  This winter while its cold and snowing, I hope to discover some hidden gems.  And you know as soon as I find any, I will share!  I can't help but do that (hence each and every one of my books, DVDS, tutorials....) I have a big mouth!

Liberty Lace Cowl,
 Pattern Available at Interweave.com
But if you are looking to learn some new skills too.  I have a bunch of classes coming up in March that I would LOVE to meet you and share my love of crochet with you.  I will talk more about each one later but for now here is where you can find me in late Feb- early April.





Feb 26-28: Harrisburg, PA at FibreWorks Winter Retreat
I will be teaching Wire Bead Jewelry, Finishing Techniques, Sweaters, Crochet Socks, and Love Knots.  I have not been to this gathering before and am looking forward to meeting everyone!






Just a preview of what you can do with one shawl.
March 4-6: Pittsburgh, PA at Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival
We will be waving the crochet flag proudly at our booth Crochet By Faye and Amelia and Wiggles.  As always, we will have patterns, books, DVDs, kits, yarn, and notions.  (and our booth buddy is the fantastic Furls Crochet Hooks, not to be missed!)  I will be teaching Irish Crochet, Top Down Sweaters, Filet Crochet, Solomon's Knot, Tunisian Colorplay, and 101 ways to wear a Handmade Shawl.  (just a tip, the prices of my classes here are amazing, if you are on the fence, push yourself to go.)  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED, this show and the people are just the best!


Just a touch of  Crocheting with Color
March 31- April 3: Loveland, CO at Yarn Fest
I will be back teaching a new bunch of classes this year.  I will be teaching Motif Construction, Crochet Cables, Finishing Techniques, Tunisian Colorplay, Beyond the Basics, and Crocheting with Color.  I can not wait to see my new friends again from last year and enjoy looking at those gorgeous mountains!



Don't live nearby?  You can always see me on Knit and Crochet Now on PBS, or in one of my Annie's Online Classes, or in one of my Interweave Workshops.


Hope your New Year is filled with love, joy, and crafting!

No comments: