7.01.2014

Have you met the new Crochet! magazine?

Starting with this Issue, my fabulous friend Ellen Gormley takes over as the new Crochet! magazine editor.  She has a ton of new ideas for the magazine, and in the current issue she got to roll out a few.   Some of you who in the past (looking at me) may not have connected with the projects, I think will be in for a pleasant surprise. I know I found quite a few that I thought were great when I flipped through my copy.



My biggest problem with Crochet! when I was starting out crocheting, was the lack of stitch diagrams.  Being dyslexic I had to have diagrams to understand when those abbreviations were getting the best of me.  Since Crochet! didn't have any, I had to move on to others that did.  Well, as you will see, that is changing.  Inside the new Crochet! you will find great stitch diagrams and directions for using them. Every issue will have more and more too!



Celedon Cardigan
I have always loved Ellen's motifs and afghan designs, and her style really comes out in the issue.  The afghans are just fabulous.  I want to stitch them up myself.  The issue also has a 2 new squares from Ellen herself that you can crochet up and make into a number of projects.



There are a bunch of other tutorials and articles all that I think really makes the magazine come to life.  Be sure to check out the video on their site with Ellen talking about the issue too.



I want to thank Ellen for having me be apart of the new issue with my two projects as well as my article. Celedon Cardigan is a raglan shaped sweater with a touch of texture for dramatic interest.  Carmine Cropped Cardi is a motif lace sweater that works great at the office or casual outings.  I feel so lucky to be apart of her new venture.  I wish them all the best and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!
Carmine Cropped

3 comments:

FiberArts Cafe, Millville's local yarn shop owner said...

I just love the changes for Crochet! CGOA is 20 years old this year and this is a very nice compliment to the skill and positive work done by CGOA.
Carol

Anonymous said...

I love Crochet! It's one of my favorite magazines and keeps my projects list FULL!@

lorenabr said...

Lovely magazine!
http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/